You probably have one or more people in your life who on a regular basis make you feel upset or hurt. It probably isn’t going yo be easy to change those people, so your best option is to take command over your reaction to them.
Imagine, how much easier your relationship to such people would be if they can no longer push your buttons—BECAUSE YOU HAVE REMOVED THOSE BUTTONS. Imagine how much easier your life would be if there was no person or situation that could force you to react in a negative or limiting way.
Say you are exposed to a certain situation. It doesn’t matter what it is, as long as it triggers a reaction in you. The question is, what determines your reaction to the situation, and there are two possibilities:
- You make a choice with your conscious mind concerning how you want to react.
- Your reaction springs from something in the subconscious part of your mind.
In other words, your reaction can be determined by a conscious choice or a subconscious process:
- Obviously, if you make a conscious choice, you know why you react the way you do, meaning you can change your reaction.
- If it is your subconscious mind that determines your reaction, you obviously do not know why you reacted the way you did, meaning you cannot change your reaction (without coming to see the subconscious cause).
When you are exposed to a certain situation, there is an impulse that comes at you from outside your mind. And there are two options:
- The impulse first goes into your conscious mind. The question is whether you can consciously choose a reaction to the situation.
- If you cannot stop the impulse at the conscious level, it goes into your subconscious mind. Here, there is some kind of structure that is triggered by the situation and then determines and takes over your reaction.
Again, you probably know a person who can make you upset by saying one sentence with a certain tone of voice. Such a person obviously has power over you, and if it is a person who doesn’t have a positive intent, why would you want such a person to be able to force you into a certain state of mind?
It now becomes clear that an essential part of taking command over your life is to attain a higher awareness of what goes on in your subconscious mind. You need to be able to consciously see the structures and remove the ones that cause a reaction that hurts or limits you.
Obviously, this can sound scary or confusing, but the main reason is that you have grown up in a society that finds it necessary to teach you about trigonometry, geography and other topics you rarely use. But your society did not find it necessary to teach you about the one things that affects every aspect of your life, namely your subconscious mind.
Don’t worry, the subconscious mind is a topic that is not harder to understand than any other topic. With HAP, you can gradually gain a deeper understanding of the subconscious mind, and HAP gives you a variety of tools for uncovering the structures that force you into a reactionary pattern—then dissolving those structures.
We will begin by considering How your subconscious mind works.